Events and Shop Update for June
Posted by Holly Marshall on
Wild Knits is back open our normal business hours! We have SO appreciated your support during these crazy recent months. You’re an amazing community! Our heart is to keep everyone safe, so please note a few Covid-related changes in the shop.
1) Masking tape has been placed on the floor to help with the six-foot visual. It’s hard when distracted by beautiful fiber, but please keep the six-foot rule in mind.
2) We’re limiting the number of people in the shop to eight. This includes employees. If you notice a fair amount of people, please do a head count and wait until someone leaves.
3) Lastly, because a number of people shopping at Wild Knits are in a higher risk category, we’re asking that face masks be worn inside.
In addition to the above, we actually have some (quickly approaching) events to share!
Friday, June 5-7th is International Hug Your Pet Weekend!
Casapinka is back with another fun shawl design for a Free Pattern with Kit Event! We’ve put together some adorable Hug Shot shawl kits, featuring Cat's Cradle yarn from Boss Kitty (it was only appropriate). We've also included one of our Wild Knits project bags (hot off the press)! Hug Shot is the sister shawl to Casapinka's LYS Weekend pattern Breathe and Hope.
As with LYS Weekend, Casapinka has provided us with codes for you to redeem the pattern for free on Ravelry with a kit purchase. A few notes:
- Codes can ONLY be redeemed June 5th at 12:01 EST to June 7th at 7 PST.
- Each code is unique and can be used only once. You will receive one code for every kit you buy.
- You need to be logged into your Ravelry account before you redeem your code. If not, you won’t receive updates or access to the pattern in your library.
- Once you purchase a kit, beginning Tuesday, June 2, we’ll send you an email with your code.This offer is available for a very limited time and in limited quantities!
We’re also participating in Olive Knits 4-Day KAL! The Soundtrack sweater pattern is available for PREORDER at a discounted price through June 15. We’re also offering 10% off any yarn purchased for the KAL through June 15. If you’d like to purchase your yarn through our website, call or email the shop and we’ll give you the discount code (Shop Email: wildknitssalem@gmail.
Friday June 5, 3:00pm-6:00pm is our 4-Day KAL Swatch Party!
We’ll be playing our ‘Retro Happy’ playlist (created by us especially for the KAL). Bring a camping chair. We’ll sit socially distanced outside and swatch for our sweaters. Enough info will be released to get us started. If you’ve never taken part in this (or any) KAL we’d LOVE to have you join us. And if you’ve never knit a sweater, this is a great way to get started. Marie’s patterns are easy to follow, and there will be others available to help with questions.
Saturday June 13, 11:00am-2:00pm is Knit In Public Day
The highlight of the Knitting Calendar Year! Of course, we can/should honor this holiday all day. We just added the timeframe hoping to encourage a mob (socially distanced of course), so bring your friends and chairs. We have a courtyard very conducive to knitting outside. Grab a bubble tea or latte, enjoy some good company and knit your heart out. You never know who might become interested in knitting or crochet because of KIPD.
Wednesday July 1st 3:00pm-6:00pm is our Cast-On Party
The Soundtrack sweater pattern will drop July 1, and we’re casting on! Again, bring those camping chairs and we’ll enjoy our knitting, the elements, and some great company.
Wednesday July 22nd, 3:00pm-6:00pm is our Progress Party
The 4-Day KAL is four days in name only! There’s no timeline to finish our sweaters, but we want to meet again to keep each other motivated (really, it’s just an excuse to get together again). Bring your chairs and your project. We’ll bring the rest.
Feel free to call or email the shop with any questions. After nothing for months, a lot seems to be happening in a short time, but please get the above on your calendar and join us. We’ve missed you!
The Wild Knits Team
Share this post
- Tags: Newsletter